The first annual conference; The Maritime Exchange, taking place in Liverpool on Thursday 13th June has now reached capacity, with over 100 maritime professional from across the UK confirmed to attend.
Organised by and in association with industry body Mersey Maritime, the event has been developed in response to the Government’s Maritime 2050 report that sets out the long-term strategy for the UK maritime sector.
Despite being the inaugural event, The Maritime Exchange has attracted a strong line-up of speakers, sponsors and attendees.
Industry Leading Speakers
A stellar line-up of high-profile speakers, including keynote speaker Sir Michael Bibby, the former managing director of Liverpool maritime giant Bibby Group, will attend the conference in Liverpool Town Hall next Thursday.
The conference will address the key themes raised in the Government’s Maritime 2050 report including trade, technology and innovation and people and skills. Helen Kelly, Managing Editor and Head of Communications at Nautilus and former Editor-in-Chief at Lloyds List, will chair the conference and the full line-up of speakers is as follows:
- Sir Michael Bibby – President, UK Chamber of Shipping
- Laura Marquis – Head of Strategy and Partnerships, Department for Transport
- Lesley Batchelor OBE – Director General, Institute of Export
- Sarah Kenny – Chief Executive of BMT and Vice Chair of Maritime UK
- Debbie Cavaldoro – Head of Strategy, Nautilus
- Tim Morris – Chief Executive of UK Major Ports Group
- Asbjorn Kops – Head of Products (UK and Ireland), Maersk
- Sarah Thompson – Regional Security Advisor, Chevron Global Security
- Alex Lawson – Director of Hedging, Western Union Business Solutions
- Capt Rich Harris – Commanding Officer of HMS Raleigh
- Chris Rowland – Managing Director, MDS Transmodal
- Terry Weston – Chief Executive, The Engineering College
- Raal Harris – Managing Director, KVH Videotel
- Clive Hickman – Chief Executive, Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC)
- Tom Davenport – Operations Manager, Bibby HydroMap
- Alan Tinline – Head of Environment, ABP
- Capt Andrew Stacey – Exercise Director, Royal Navy
The conference is proudly sponsored by Donmac Data, Fort Recruitment, Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Royal Navy and Western Union Business Solutions.
Chris Shirling-Rooke, Chief Executive of Mersey Maritime said:
“We are delighted that our first annual conference has now sold-out! The response from the industry has been fantastic on all accounts – from our expert speakers, sponsors and delegates, which further reiterates the importance of Maritime 2050 and the desire from our industry to come together to help shape the future of our great maritime nation.
I would like to thank our sponsors; Donmac Data, Fort Recruitment, Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC), Royal Navy and Western Union Business Solutions enabling us to deliver this important free to attend event, as well as our impressive 18 speakers for their time and expertise”