In response to popular demand, Mersey Maritime has expanded the eligibility of its annual awards to include maritime companies and related organisations right across the Maritime, Logistics and Energy spectrum in the whole of the North West and the Isle of Man.
Chris Shirling-Rooke, CEO of Mersey Maritime, said: “Last year’s inaugural event was so popular that we have been inundated with businesses wanting to get involved. Taking the time to enter one or more of our 10 award categories certainly pays off, as two non-finalists last year won lucrative contracts on the strength of their entries. ”
“The judging panel is made up of leading industry figures from our main sponsors and all entries are evaluated, with the various merits of each debated by these eminent people. I can think of no better way of showcasing your products and services than by completing an entry form and sending it to us by the 7th January deadline,” he continued.
There are three overall event sponsors: Brabners LLP, Liverpool John Moores University (LJMU), and Peel Ports Group. Each will also sponsor an award with additional award sponsors for the remaining categories.
There are ten award categories:
• Business of the Year – sponsored by Peel Group
• SME Business of the Year – sponsored by Cammell Laird
• Rising Star (person under 30) – sponsored by Maritime and Engineering College North West
• Engineering Company of the Year – sponsored by Liverpool John Moores University
• Best Newcomer (company award) –sponsored by Brookes Bell
• Innovation – sponsored by The Environmental Network
• Freight and Logistics – sponsored by Brabners LLP
• Global Reach Award – sponsored by NatWest
• Maritime Professional Services – sponsored by Tilney Bestinvest
• Special Award – The Jim Teasdale Maritime Ambassador of the Year Award – sponsored by Liverpool Football Club
Application packs can be downloaded at: http://ow.ly/d/44sy or from the Mersey Maritime website at: www.merseymaritime.co.uk/news/mmia16-award-categories/
For further details please contact Mersey Maritime on 0151 647 4747. Applications need to be submitted by 7th January 2016.