Mersey Maritime geared up for London International Shipping Week this September. In collaboration with Peel Ports, Liverpool John Moores University and Invest Liverpool, our ‘Investing in a Connected Future’ conference brought Liverpool to London and threw the doors open to opportunities that exist for business within the UK’s most prestigious Port City.
Hosted by Louise Minchin (BBC Broadcaster and Journalist) and opened by David Dingle (Chairman: Carnival UK and Maritime UK) this pivotal event looked at the big themes in maritime today and what the future holds. Innovators and thought leaders from the sector shared insights and engaged in debate with leading figures from other industries such as automotive, digital and manufacturing. Investing in a Connected Future will be a unique event with a fantastic line up of speakers.
• Colin Sinclair, Chief Executive of Knowledge Quarter Liverpool
• Jamie Gray, Associate Director Maritime & Aviation, Royal HaskoningDHV
• Mark Rayner, COO, BAC
• Mike Houghton, Managing Director Siemens Process Industries and Drivers UK & IRL
• Iain Mackinnon, Secretary to the Maritime Skills Alliance
• Prof. Ahmed Al-Shamma’a, Executive Dean, Liverpool John Moores University
• Sean Dignam, Business Development, James Troop & Co
• Warren Marshall, Planning Director , Peel Ports Group
• Jerome Wildsmith, Head of Supply Chain B&M Retail Ltd
• Martin White, Chief Executive, Stream Marine Training